Wednesday, October 3, 2007

come out baby, come out!

My grand plans of inducing naturally? No such luck so far. Ok, so watching the Top Chef marathon all afternoon wasn't part of the list, but it was distracting fun. Now we have until tomorrow afternoon to try to get this baby out on his own but I have the feeling he's perfectly happy where he is, thank you. And if he stays where he is, like I'm sure he will, we'll be on our way to the hospital at 4:30 to start the labor. I kept telling myself that I didn't want to be induced and here we are at the tail end of this pregnancy, about to be induced. It's kind of a let down, not having the surprise of my water breaking in the middle of the grocery store or the hours staying at home to labor in relative comfort. But I don't want this one glitch to ruin my ideal of a good birth. I think as long as the baby and I come out healthy and happy, it was a good birth. At least, that's my most important goal now: a happy healthy baby and a happy healthy Momma. Now if I can only distract myself enough to not be so damned nervous about going in to the hospital tomorrow. I hate not knowing what to expect! Ack! Do I really have to go?

No comments: